Research Grant Call 2021
The AI Governance Research Grant Call 2021 will fund multi-disciplinary research reflecting novel ideas/visions that are underexplored, and/or also have a clear and significant social impact.
AI Singapore invite proposals in advanced research focusing on the following themes:
What are we looking for?
- Proposals that bring non-traditional perspectives on questions of AI Governance e.g. from the humanities and social sciences. This might include perspectives from anthropology, communications, economics (including behavioural economics), education, law, neuroscience, philosophy, political science, psychology, sociology, among other fields.
- Technical proposals are also welcome, but those with an interdisciplinary focus are more likely to be supported.
- Proposals that build on existing work in this broad area but bring a regional focus to bear. This might include examining the impact of different histories/cultures/social institutions on the broad questions of AI governance.
- All proposals should focus on a specific question and have a clear research focus.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) should have a full-time appointment at a Singapore-based Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) or Research Institution (RI). They should also have a track record of leadership ability in coordinating research programmes and providing mentorships to research team, as well as having productive research outcomes.
- The Programme will support each project for a duration of up to 3 years. Funding for each proposal will be capped at a maximum of S$ 500,000 for single Principal Investigator (PI) projects and S$ 1,500,000 for multi-PI/discipline/institution projects (inclusive of 30% IRC)
(Inclusive of 30% IRC)
|Tier 1||$500,000||Single PI||Up to 3 years|
|Up to 3 years|
AI Governance Research Grant Call 2021 is now open from
3 November 2021 to 11 January 2022, 1800hrs (SG Time).
|Softcopy of proposal submission opens||3 November 2021|
|Closing date for softcopy proposal submission (via Grant Portal)||11 January 2022|
|Evaluation and selection of proposals||January – April 2022|
|Release of outcome and award||End April / Early May 2022|
|Project commencement||1 July 2022|
Guides & Documents
- AI Singapore – Governance Research Proposal Application Form
- AI Singapore – Grant Call Administrative Guidelines