As you are required to use your own laptop for the AI Apprenticeship Programme (AIAP), we recommend that your laptop meets the minimum requirements as listed below:
- Recent (the last 5 years) x86-based hardware with either Intel or AMD processor
- 64-bit Operating System. This can be Windows (Windows 7 and above), Linux or Mac OS X
- A minimum of 8GB of memory
- A minimum of 128GB of hard disk space available
For the software stack, we recommend that you install the following:
- If you are running Mac OS X, please follow the official instructions from Docker (https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/install/).
- If you are running Linux, please follow the official instructions from Docker (https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/docker-ce/ubuntu/).
- If you are running Windows 10 Pro, you can install the official Docker for Desktop from the website (https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/install/).
- If you are running a Windows OS other than Windows 10 Pro, we strongly recommend you install VirtualBox and install Linux as a guest Virtual Machine for your Docker needs. You can download the VirtualBox here: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads/.
- Install the latest Anaconda Distribution with Python version 3 (https://www.anaconda.com/distribution/).
- Please refer to the following link: https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git/
- If you are running Mac OS X or Linux, this should already be available on your system.
- If you are running Windows, follow the same instructions for Docker in step 1 and SSH will be available as part of the Docker installation or via a Linux Virtual Machine.
4. A text editor or IDE
- We recommend Visual Studio Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/) or if you prefer, any others such as Vim/Emacs, PyCharm (CE), etc.