AI Singapore (AISG) is organising the inaugural AISG Student Hackathon 2021. This yearly hackathon will bring together students from local schools to come up with new and innovative uses of Artificial Intelligence. Students will use AISG AI Bricks to build Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Robotic Processing Automation applications to solve real world problems identified by the students.
Through this event, we hope to encourage
- Critical and creative thinking skills needed to navigate and adapt to the changing world
- Increase the awareness of current and possible future issues of the use of AI
- Increase applications of AI technology
- Active involvement in shaping their future using AI technology
The Hackathon is open to full-time students from government/government-aided secondary schools and Post-Secondary Education Institutes (PSEI) based in Singapore (Secondary 3 to 5, Integrated Programme Schools, Junior Colleges, Polytechnics & Institute of Technical Education).
Design and build a tool (app, dashboard, analysis) with AISG bricks, PeekingDuck (CV), TagUI (RPA) and/or SG-NLP, that can help, assist, inform or entertain Singaporeans or businesses.
Datasets will not be provided. Participants will need to build your own datasets that can best demonstrate your use case.
For example, you may apply SG-NLP’s Cross-Sentence Grammatical Error Correction on your academic essays for an app that helps students identify common sources of grammatical errors.
AI Singapore reserves the rights to change the agenda without prior notice.
You are required to submit the following:
- Codes based on the brick that you have chosen
- 1 minute product presentation video link + 50 words description on why should people use your product? What is the AI novelty? Explain how AI was used in the product
You will be required to do the following:
- You may only submit one Entry. Incomplete entries may be disqualified.
- You must supply your own laptop to participate.
- You must use your own compute resource.
- If your Entry is shortlisted, you shall be notified, latest, by 16 Dec 2021 to present your solution on 17 Dec 2021 to a panel of judges. Your Entry shall be disqualified if you are unable to attend the presentation
Deadline: 14 Dec 2021, 1200hr
This form is currently closed for submissions.
The evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Idea (40%)
- Implementation (40%)
- Presentation (20%)
The top three individuals will be declared as the winners of the Hackathon. They will receive SGD 1000 vouchers each. There will also be 10 consolation prizes and they will receive SGD 200 vouchers each.